Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday, August 29

Read this small newspaper clipping and then write a blog post about it. What are your thoughts? How does it make you feel? Do you agree? Disagree? Explain yourself.


I think this is a great article that really resonates with me. First of all, I think it is very true. my parents always say that it is not their job to entertain me all the time and I never really listened because I was bored and I wanted something to do. As I've gotten older, I feel like there is always something to do and it is my responsibility to do what I need to do. What really affected me was their comment about it is not the community's job to entertain either. This affected me because I have been part of an ongoing service project downtown where we are building an after school activity center so the youth in the surrounding area have somewhere to go and something to do. While I don't think it is the community's job to entertain people but I also don't think they should sit back and watch. I think everyone should be involved in the community. Overall, I loved this article.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment