Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday, September 18

What is the importance of deadlines? How do high school deadlines reflect or simulate "real world" experience? Give an example of when you met or or didn't meet a deadline that was important.

Image via
I think deadlines are important because without them nothing would get done. In school, deadlines keep teachers and students on schedule. However, what is different about real world deadlines and school deadlines is the strictness of the deadline. It is not true for all, but for some teachers, a deadline isn't a requirement but more of a suggestion. If a student misses it, they can turn it in the next day with no punishment. Especially senior year, a lot of teachers have very strict deadlines, and if you miss them, you cannot make it up.  They do this because, in college, a professor will not give you an extra day to turn in an assignment because they don't have time and have many other students to worry about. I think it would be better for a teacher to be strict rather than lenient because it prepares the student for college. I usually get things in by the deadline. However, if I don't, it is usually a smaller assignment and I accept lower points because I know it is my own fault I didn't finish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment